Manual Lymphatic Drainage Massage (MLD)
This certificate is intended for individuals who have the interest to master the MLD massage techniques. The qualification requires one mandatory unit and 21 hours of guided learning (GL), as well as a 90-minute assessment that includes oral questions and answers and practical performances.
The learner will primarily practice the following skills:
- Manual lymphatic drainage massage – to include
- Understanding the structure and function of the lymphatic system and the immune system of the body.
- Identifying the location of major lymph nodes and channels in the body.
- Relating the relationship between blood and lymph.
- Comprehend how the conditions afflicting the lymphatic system.
- Conducting consultation and a visual evaluation of client’s physical conditions, and discussing treatment plan with client.
- Practice manual lymphatic drainage techniques in accordance with its massage sequence.
- In addition, the learner will gain knowledge about health and hygiene, safety, client care, and communication, all of which are crucial for success in the profession.
- Using standard routine tasks, the learner will also learn to create a conducive and comfortable environment in the workspace.
After obtaining the PTA Certificate in Manual Lymphatic Drainage Massage, learners may pursue additional PTA or equivalent qualifications, such as:
- Sports Massage
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Postnatal Massage
- Infant Massage
- The minimum level of schooling is Primary
- Minimum age required: 18
- Swedish Massage Certification
Day classes: 10 a.m.- 1 p.m. or 2p.m – 5 p.m.
Evening classes: 7 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Student Teacher Ratio: 10:1
* Registration fee is SGD 30/-
Course fee is SGD 660/-.
** Materials fee is SGD 92/- (include a set of towels)
* is applicable to the first course with PTA only.
** Only if the learner has not yet purchased a set of PTA towels.
Course Dates & Time: To Be Advised | *Pre-requisite qualification : Anatomy and Physiology
02 Mar 2023 to 11 May 2023 | 10am to 5.30pm
Course Dates & Time: To Be Advised