Trigger Point Therapy
Aims and objectives
This course is designed for spa or freelance therapists, as well as individuals who seek to administer trigger point therapy for some of the most common referral pain patterns in others.
This certificate is intended for individuals who have the desire to expand their massage skills and knowledge in trigger point therapy. The qualification requires one mandatory unit and 30 hours of guided learning (GL), as well as a 90-minute assessment that includes oral questions and answers and practical performances.
The learner will primarily practice the following skills:
- This course covers Trigger Point Release applications, such as assessing and treating muscles and muscle attachments in layers, beginning with superficial muscles and connective tissues and proceeding to deeper ligaments and connective tissues.
- Learn to realign deeper layers of muscles and connective tissue and break down adherent tissues (bands of uncomfortable, stiff tissue) in muscles, ligaments, and tendons to relieve muscle tension or referral pain and limit soft tissue inflammation.
- Conducting consultation and a visual evaluation of client’s physical conditions, and discussing treatment plan with client.
- Practice the trigger points massage techniques in accordance with its sequence.
- In addition, the learner will gain knowledge about health and hygiene, safety, Client care and communication, all of which are crucial for success in the profession.
- Using standard routine tasks, the learner will also learn to create a conducive and comfortable environment in the workspace.
Opportunities for progression
After obtaining the PTA Certificate in Trigger Point Massage, learners may pursue additional PTA or equivalent qualifications, such as:
- Sports Massage
- Manual Lymphatic Drainage Massage
Entry Requirement Minimum
- The minimum level of schooling is Primary
- Minimum age required: 18
- Swedish Massage Certification
Course information and fee
Day classes: 10 a.m.- 1 p.m. or 2p.m – 5 p.m.
Evening classes: 7 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Student Teacher Ratio: 10:1
* Registration fee is SGD 30/-
Course fee is SGD 660/-.
** Materials fee is SGD 92/- (include a set of towels)
* is applicable to the first course with PTA only.
** Only if the learner has not yet purchased a set of PTA towels.
How do you book your place?
Our friendly and knowledgeable advisors can be reached by phone or WhatsApp to answer any questions and help you book your seat. To engage in a live conversation on our website, please call us at 9479-0301 or click the “Chat Now” link below.
Course Dates & Time: To Be Advised | *Pre-requisite qualification : Anatomy and Physiology
02 Mar 2023 to 11 May 2023 | 10am to 5.30pm
Course Dates & Time: To Be Advised