Aims and objectives
This course is meant for spa or freelance therapists, as well as young parents and caregivers who seek to obtain the theoretical knowledge and practical experience necessary in infant massages in order to develop a relationship with their babies.
This certificate is intended for individuals who have the desire in mastering the infant massage techniques. The qualification requires one mandatory unit and 15 hours of guided learning (GL), as well as a 60-minute assessment that includes oral questions and answers and practical performances.
The learner will primarily practice the following skills:
- Infant massage – contain a range of massage strokes and styles, as well as how to alter pressure, rhythm, massage duration, and how to respond to the infant’s body language.
- Conducting consultation with the caregiver to assess therapy suitability, including contraindications and benefits; review and update the infant’s profile.
- Practice Infant massage techniques in accordance with its massage sequence.
- In addition, the learner will gain knowledge about health and hygiene, safety, caregiver and baby’s care, and communication, all of which are crucial for success in the profession.
- Using standard routine tasks, the learner will also learn to create a conducive and comfortable environment in the workspace.
Opportunities for progression
After obtaining the PTA Certificate in Infant Massage course, learners may pursue additional PTA or equivalent qualifications, such as:
- Swedish Massage
- Sports Massage
- Manual Lymphatic Drainage Massage
- Postnatal Massage
Entry Requirement Minimum
- The minimum level of schooling is Primary
- Minimum age required: 18
Course information and fee
Day classes: 10 a.m.- 1 p.m. or 2p.m – 5 p.m.
Evening classes: 7 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Student Teacher Ratio: 10:1
* Registration fee is SGD 30/-
Course fee is SGD 340/-.
Materials fee is SGD 28/- (include a set of towels)
* is applicable to the first course with PTA only.
How do you book your place?
Our friendly and knowledgeable advisors can be reached by phone or WhatsApp to answer any questions and help you book your seat. To engage in a live conversation on our website, please call us at 9479-0301 or click the “Chat Now” link below.
Course Dates & Time: To Be Advised | *Pre-requisite qualification : Anatomy and Physiology
02 Mar 2023 to 11 May 2023 | 10am to 5.30pm
Course Dates & Time: To Be Advised