Hand and Foot Reflexology
Aims and objectives
This course is designed for spa or freelance therapists, as well as individuals who may not have had the opportunity to receive the theoretical knowledge and hands-on experience required to practice hand and foot reflexology on the job or for self-care.
This certificate is intended for individuals who have the interest in mastering hand and foot reflexology massage techniques. The qualification requires one mandatory unit and 21 hours of guided learning (GL), as well as a 60-minute assessment that includes oral questions and answers and practical performances.
The learner will primarily practice the following skills:
- Hand and foot massage – to determine the 64 reflex zones of the hand and foot, the organs/body systems they correspond to, their benefits, and their effect on both branches of the autonomic nervous system.
- Conducting consultation with the client to assess therapy suitability, including contraindications, benefits, and bad effects; review and update the client’s profile.
- Practice Hand and foot reflexology massage techniques in accordance with its massage sequence.
- In addition, the learner will gain knowledge about health and hygiene, safety, client care, and communication, all of which are crucial for success in the profession.
- Using standard routine tasks, the learner will also learn to create a conducive and comfortable environment in the workspace.
Opportunities for progression
After obtaining the PTA Certificate in Hand and Foot Reflexology Massage, learners may pursue additional PTA or equivalent qualifications, such as:
- Swedish Massage
- Sports Massage
- Manual Lymphatic Drainage Massage
- Postnatal Massage
- Infant Massage
Entry Requirement Minimum
- The minimum level of schooling is Primary
- Minimum age required: 18
Course information and fee
Day classes: 10 a.m.- 1 p.m. or 2p.m – 5 p.m.
Evening classes: 7 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Student Teacher Ratio: 10:1
* Registration fee is SGD 30/-
Course fee is SGD 660/-.
Materials fee is SGD 60/- (include a set of towels)
* is applicable to the first course with PTA only.
How do you book your place?
Our friendly and knowledgeable advisors can be reached by phone or WhatsApp to answer any questions and help you book your seat. To engage in a live conversation on our website, please call us at 9479-0301 or click the “Chat Now” link below.
Course Dates & Time: To Be Advised | *Pre-requisite qualification : Anatomy and Physiology
02 Mar 2023 to 11 May 2023 | 10am to 5.30pm
Course Dates & Time: To Be Advised